Irish Import and Export Declarations
The Thyme-IT Import-Export solutions allow for data-entry via secure web-based portal, data upload using simple Excel upload options, 2-way data exchange using XML APIs and data sharing with your trading partners.
The web-based solution allows import and export declarations to be created quickly and efficiently using templates, user default information and intelligent re-use of previously entered customs data. Declarations can then be easily submitted to Irish Revenue, individually or in bulk.
- Import declarations are sent to Irish Revenue’s AIS system
- Export declarations are sent to Irish Revenue’s AES system
The Thyme-IT Import solution supports full frontier declarations, simplified declarations and supplementary declarations. The following are the currently available message types:
- H1 – Declaration for release for free circulation & for end-use
- H2 – Declaration for customs warehousing
- H3 – Special procedure declaration for temporary admission
- H4 – Declaration for inward processing
- H5 – Declaration for the introduction of goods from special fiscal territories
- H6 – Declaration in postal traffic for release for free circulation
- H7 – Low Value Consignments (Reduced Dataset)
- I2 – Presentation Notification
The Thyme-IT Export solution supports all export declarations including the EXS safety and security declaration.
The Excel upload options are used by companies that may not have all their customs data in one system and the customs data is available in Excel spreadsheets. These upload options allow declaration data to be uploaded to create one or more full declarations or to create items for an existing declaration.
Bulk update of transport information is available for uploaded declarations and declarations can then be easily submitted to Irish Revenue, individually or in bulk.
The XML API option is used by companies who have existing systems that records their customs data. This API provides a 1-way or 2-way data exchange:
- Customer system sends data to Thyme-IT system
- Thyme-IT system returns data to Customer system
The data is validated upon upload to the Thyme-IT system and responses can be provided back to the customer’s system for correction and resubmission, or data can be corrected in the Thyme-IT system.
The declaration can be automatically submitted to Revenue if all data is included in the message or additional data can be entered prior to submission if required.
The API can determine if a H1 or H7 declaration is required based on Revenue rules.
- Thyme-IT provides several data sharing options allowing Thyme-IT customers to share data with their trading partners.
- Thyme-IT solutions allow for data to be shared between systems and also provides data extracts in excel, PDF and other file formats.
- Data extracts, reports and printed declarations can be shared via e-mail and other communication protocols on receipt of routings and other responses from Irish Revenue.
- Data extracts can also be provided on a scheduled basis. The scheduled output can include data for an agreed period of time based on trading partner requirements.