The Irish Automated Export System (AES) is now available in the Thyme-IT test environment for those who submit Irish Export Declarations and Manifests.
Revenue will introduce the new national export system, Automated Export System (AES) on 30th January 2023. AES will be used to process export declarations and exit summary declarations for all goods moving directly and indirectly to countries outside the European Union (EU). AES will replace the Automated Entry Processing (AEP) and the eManifest system.
There will be a transition window of two months for trade to move from AEP and eManifest to AES. From 1 April 2023, it will not be possible to lodge declarations in the AEP or eManifest systems.
Consignments of low-value goods
An export declaration is not required to export the following:
- Goods of a commercial nature, if they do not exceed either €1,000 in value or 1,000kg in weight.
- Goods in a postal consignment valued at €1,000 or less.
- Goods in an express consignment valued at €1,000 or less, if data in the transport document and, or invoices are available to Revenue.
This does not apply to goods that:
- Are subject to prohibitions and restrictions or
- Are being returned with a view to claiming a refund of duties.
Training webinars are available to all Thyme-IT customers explaining the AES solution and what is required when creating AES entries.