Thyme-IT attended Enterprise Ireland’s Brexit Advisory Clinic in the Aviva Stadium on Friday, 21st June. The message from many of the speakers was that companies should take action now to prepare for Brexit and also prepare for a no-deal Brexit. Over half of the attendees identified Customs & Logistics as the biggest challenge well ahead of Financial & Currency Management. The following is a summary of the recommendations:
Lean Business Principles
- Irrespective of Brexit, Lean Business Principles can help your organisation.
- For more information and support, search for “Lean Business Offer” on the Enterprise Ireland website.
5-year Business Forecasts
- Running what-if analysis can help you to determine the effect of currency fluctuations.
- Enterprise Ireland provide an SME Strategic Consultancy grant to support the cost of hiring Strategic Consultants.
€300m Brexit Loan Scheme
- The Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI) has a €300m Brexit Loan Scheme.
- It is designed to assist Irish companies in implementing the necessary changes to address the challenges of Brexit.
- For more information check the Brexit Land Scheme on the SBCI website.
- Consider applying for AEO before Brexit to reduce customs paperwork and delays at the border.
- For more information check Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) on the Revenue website.
- Consider using Customs Warehouses to minimise interruption to your Supply Chain.
- More information can be found on the Revenue website.
For a summary of all Enterprise Ireland supports that can be used to help you manage your response to Brexit, check their “Prepare for Brexit“ website and the Brexit SME Scorecard.
Thyme-IT specialise in the development and implementation of mission-critical Customs & Excise solutions based on the latest web-based and handheld technology. All Thyme-IT’s C&E solutions are compliant with Irish Revenue & HMRC requirements.
If you have any questions regarding Brexit or would like more information on the Thyme-IT Customs & Excise solutions, please contact Steve Breen or the Thyme-IT C&E team at 01 206 0010 or at the email address below.